Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hanging around,
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 23:23:35 -0400

> Great shot of a lovely bird.  Is this a mejiro (Japanese white-eye)?
> Where was it?
>
> Here are a couple I saw in Japan:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/geordiepete/5309086616/#/photos/geordiepete/5309086616/lightbox/
>

> Peter Cheyne

I'm not sure about the name: white eyed finch is what I've been calling
it. I'll have to look it up. They have been around our backyard for a few
years now. Live in a group of about 20-30 and travel/feed in a group. One
decides he doesn't like you, flies off and the rest follow. Cute but very
fast tiny and 'busy'.

Cheers

Alastair