Subject: [Leica] IMG: Bunny Heaven
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 16:30:02 -0500

Mark,

The monopod that I use has quick-adjust levers for height changes, so that
is not so much a problem.  Is does support the lens weight well, because the
lens has its own tripod mount.  The problem that I find with a monopod is
that it does not prevent camera rotation at the time of shutter release, so
I have to try and get a firm grip just below the lens and hold it tight.  I
have considered getting a shoulder stock to use with the monopod, but most
of those that I have seen are designed to allow video panning, hence don't
prevent the rotation that I am concerned about.

I have also considered a remote release, which would be nice to have.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA