Subject: [Leica] photo ops: California Raptor Center
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:45:26 -0400

Chris Saganich wrote:

I always thought that reincarnation as a Raptor would be a step up.

At another local raptor rescue (http://www.cafbp.com/), "Cleopatra" is a
young Golden Eagle who was found by a rancher in very poor condition
infected with West Nile virus (thus her name).

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/accipitridae/goeagl02.html

Her health has been restored but the virus damaged her vision so she would
not survive in the wild.  After many very traumatic months in captivity she
learned to trust one of the volunteer handlers, and she is now used as a
foster parent and in educational programs.

Golden Eagles can live 50 years or longer so one of CFBP's goals for this
bird is to let her become comfortable with additional handlers because
she's expected to out-live the one handler she now trusts.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com