Subject: [Leica] Photographer Deaths in Libya
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 06:52:20 -0500

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 2:24 AM, EPL <manolito at videotron.ca> wrote:

> And we (all of us who go to war with our bags of photography gear) would
> have nothing to report without those who go to risk their lives in the
> combat we see through our viewfinders.

That being true enough, if it isn't reported, like so much international
(and domestic) violence and injustice, then does it happen?
(Tree in the woods.)

I'd hate to think that my several friends who did this work in Vietnam
didn't make a difference, I think we know that it did.

I didn't go overseas, but I covered Civil Rights in the South in the
Sixties.  I thought it was pretty important one hot summer day to be walking
along that highway with those people from Bogalusa to Baton Rouge with my
cameras.

I think it made a difference.

>   Mathew Brady survived the battlefield,

Mathew Brady and his crews shot aftermath. They were not war photographers.
They drove their wagons onto the battlefield when the fighting was ended and
sometimes dragged the copses into a better  composition.
--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/