Subject: [Leica] A few posts
From: leicar at q.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:40:36 -0700

I thought I'd better post a few so people know I still am using a camera.
Been working on the shots from our two week trip through some of Southern
Nevada and Utah.  So, here are a few.

Discovered two new (to me) parks.  Cathedral Gorge in Nevada and Snow Canyon
in Utah.  Amazing places.

Cathedral Gorge is a bunch of carved clay cliffs.  There are narrow passages
you can work your way back through until claustrophobia or physical size
stops you.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/261099-2/Cathedral+Gorge-2168.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/261123-2/Cathedral+Gorge-2193.jpg

There is an overlook that you can hike to or drive to (like we did since I
was sick) to see what the gorges look like from the top.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/261144-2/Cathedral+Gorge-2220.jpg

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/261129-2/Cathedral+Gorge-2210.jpg

I thought it reminded me of Avatar, the movie, for some reason.  It was like
an alien world.  Same eerie feeling you get at Craters of the Moon in Idaho.

Then Snow Canyon.  I would love to see it at about the end of April when all
the flowers would be in bloom.  It was a beautiful place, with lots of nice
hikes.  Went on a few shorter ones, as I was still sick, and the weather was
turning for the worst.  The last night and morning it lived up to its name
and snowed on us.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/261366-1/Snow+Canyon-2283-Edit_001.jpg

A few hikers resting at an overlook.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/261394-1/Snow+Canyon-2299.jpg

The view from the overlook

http://gallery.leica-users.org/d/261328-1/Snow+Canyon-.jpg   A panorama of
part of the valley.

This is a sample.  Comments and criticism welcome

Aram

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] A few posts)
Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] A few posts)
Reply from michiel.fokkema at gmail.com (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] A few posts)