Subject: [Leica] OT: Yellow gone gone gone
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 13:30:10 -0700

Thanks for the kind word, George. Byron Rakitzis suggested that my
speculation as to the cause of the yellow was probably incorrect, and
suggested a Google search. I found a lot of information indicating
that the yellow was due to radiation damage from gamma rays emitted
by some of the daughter products of the decayed thorium. No
information as to why a few hours application of UV cures this.

Herb

--
Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org