Subject: [Leica] PS Re: IMG: House Wren
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 18:47:25 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Peter Cheyne wrote:

I wonder if this is related to the wren we see in Britain.
<<<

Yes it is.  Wrens are in the family Troglodytidae.  It's primarily a new
world family; as far as I know the eurasian Wren is the only member of the
family normally found outside the americas.  There are superficially similar
birds that have also been called wrens such as the New Zealand wrens
(Acanthisittidae) and the Australian wrens (Maluridae) but these families
are related to Troglodytidae only very distantly as members of the order
Passeriformes.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com