Subject: [Leica] Vick's DMR Baptismal sacrifice....
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 08:53:03 -0700

My opinions

R6.2... with an R9 in the stable, do you think you would ever shoot this
Leica with questionable  heritage?  Will you shoot film in it?  Will you
ever shoot film again?
PC Lens.....   It is hard if not impossible to achieve the degree of proper
correction in a 35mm frame when a 4x5 will present you with the ability to
do this  on a large screen and get things either straight or all in
focus....
100 APO Macro... Keep it.
180 Telyt... Another .. When will I ever use this lens?  Especially when I
have a zoom that covers the same focal length...
Zoom.... Keep it.... your logic is right on with this one....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

So, I've been thinking - what do I "keep"?

- R6.2 - because it has an R mount and is quite compact
- 28mm PC Super Angulon - because - it shifts, much better than hauling
around a Technika Master
- 100 f2.8 Macro Elmarit APO.  Can't do this with an M
- 180 f3.4 APO Telyt,  Can't do this with a M
- 80-200 f4 Vario-Elmarit zoom, if I'm going to have an SLR, may as well
have one zoom

Are they good choices?

Vick

Replies: Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Vick's DMR Baptismal sacrifice....)