Subject: [Leica] Re; Barcelona in color - not!
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 10:08:01 -0400

Well, I totally disagree.  I think there is a place and a reason for B&W
photography today.  I agree with Ted that when you photograph people in
color, you are photographing their clothes.  When you photograph them in
B&W, without the distraction of color, you see their faces and eyes - soul,
if you will.  Unless there is a specific reason for using color, I usually
prefer B&W.  I have versions of all of these photos in color, but it's the
B&W ones that move me:

http://tinamanley.smugmug.com/gallery/5885005_Vryn9#367425430_KikRj

<http://tinamanley.smugmug.com/gallery/5885005_Vryn9#367425430_KikRj>B&W is
coming back for use in advertising,  too.  It stands out among all of the
color snapshots that bombard us constantly.

Tina