Subject: [Leica] Comparing micro 4/3 and M8
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 02:43:37 -0400

Thanks Tina an M9 is two leagues ahead of an M8 or 4/3's in my opinion and
I'm right.
I forgot to mention how that full frame  Nikon can have Leica R glass put in
the front of it for a very viable picture taking situation that being done
with aplomb by at least of few of us Lug nuts here.
An interesting Leica using option would be to trade in some of our M glass
for R glass in effect and with the adaptors be able to be able to be on
topic on the Lug as our pix would be done with Leica glass and the camera
itself  has really as said on the lug one job and that's to keep  the film
dark. So who cares about that?
But the M8 and a 4/3's camera system seems to me a bleak compromise for
Leica lovers who love to make quality images. They are not at this point in
time professional grade camera gear. That's the bleak truth which everyone
in the photo world knows except apparently us.

The issue is an M9 cost seven grand USD. So what do we do?
Not buy a toy camera system that's one and not shoot cropped on the M8
bundle of worms either. It was a nice try but Leica got it right on the M9.
And just in time for the rest of the serious shooting photo world having
already gone full frame.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com