Subject: [Leica] Update: My M8 is going back for service....
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:50:37 -0700

Not exactly..... it was in warranty. So I did not have to pay.  The bad
news?  No extension of my warranty.....

Leica USA rules, as I understand them.....  Your Country may vary..... (
YCMV ?????)

Yes, I know they will check out the entire body when they actually start
work on it..... it was the initial "review" and diagnosis that I doubt
actually was more than reading my letter.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net
Hi Frank,

>From my experience with NJ, they do indeed check for the problem, but they
also do a complete check on the camera and make any needed adjustments.  The
plus side is the entire body will have a 1 year warranty from the date of
the repair, so if yours is soon to be out of warranty, it will have an
additional year.

Cheers,
Gene

Message from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] Update: My M8 is going back for service....)