Subject: [Leica] OT - need some direction about micro 4/3 cameras
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 08:47:34 -0700

It's about a stop to a stop and a bit better. About stop at the lower
end, and 3200 on the GH2 is somewhat better than 1600 on the G1. The
noise at this setting is also a relatively acceptable kind; not the
blotchy stuff.

In general terms, 3200 on the Panasonic is about like 6400 on the
best APS-C camera such as the Nikon 7000 or Canon 7D or like 12800 on
the Nikon D700 or Canon 5DMkII when you resolution correct them.
Depending on subjects and actual light levels, these relative results
may vary a bit but are correct in practice for me.

--

       Henning J. Wulff
  Wulff Photography & Design
mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com