Subject: [Leica] wildflowers...
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 21:40:53 -0700

On Apr 1, 2011, at 9:32 PM, <tedgrant at shaw.ca> wrote:

> Steve Barbour SHOWED:
> Subject: [Leica] wildflowers...
>

>> springtime, by the American River, Sacramento
>>
>> > http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/PAW2011/todayflowers.jpg.html
>

> Ok Steve it's nice!   HOWEVER!!!!!!!! Now are you ready my dear friend?
> ;-) Here we go! :-)
>
> 1/
> The tree branches in the background almost kill this photograph. WHY? Well
> my eyes blow right by the flowers right to those black barren branches
> completely bypassing the delicate flowers! :-(
>
> Yeah right the flowers look nice............. BUT? They are too small and
> completely over powered by the trees!

I understand and while I almost always agree with you Ted, here my idea was
the emergence of spring wildflowers set against the background of winter's
still empty and  barren trees, lurking along the American river...

the impact was the coming of spring flowers with many harsh remnants of
winter still very prominent,

I appreciate your looking and your comments,

Steve