Subject: [Leica] Blog: Kiss Me Kate
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 13:54:21 -0700

Thanks Peter. As mentioned, it's E-3 with mainly the 50-200 and some 35-100.
ISO1200-1600. From experience, I know the floodlight would fool the meter,
so I dialed in -0.3 or -0.7, depending on the situation, A number of images
I have to add exposure back or use LR's fill light, but overall I am very
happy with it.

I use aperture priority and usually just go one stop above wide open to
maintain a balance of as much light and depth of field, and just let the
shutter falls where it is. This is the first time I watch the play but I
know they probably will move a lot, so I try to keep the aperture open so
that the shutter is at least 1/80. If I have an E-5, I would shoot ISO
1600-2500 and get even more speed leeway.

And yes, the songs can be quite ... bawdy.

Thanks again.