Subject: [Leica] IMG: Olivia in color or B&W
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:57:12 -0700

Lawrence Zeitlin OFFERED:

> Grand daughter Olivia in costume as Bo Peep for a school play. I can't
> decide if this should be color or B&W. Too bad about the wink flash. It
> was
> a very dark room. It probably should be cropped tighter too. But the color
> is the big question.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Olivia.JPG.html
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Larry+Z/Olivia+B_amp_W.jpg.html

Hi Larry,

I think this young lady should be in colour. WHY?  Well it's a nice little
photo moment of a family member whom "we see in colour!" And we remember her
in colour. I don't see anything being gained in B&W, unless you are wanting
to move her into a different era of time than she is!

The colour will be far more memorable to her when she's a grown adult than a
shot in B&W! FWIW!
cheers,
Dr. ted :-)