Subject: [Leica] Parallax correction in the Fuji X100 viewfinder
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 15:51:37 +0800

Hi Luggers,
There was some earlier questions on the LUG about whether the focus
point and the frame lines in the OVF of the X100 moved to correct for
closer parallax.
I emailed David Charlwood (who has just reviewed his X100) about this
question and he replied as follows:
Howard Cummer
March 15th, 2011 at 9:40 am
Does the frame line in the OVF move to compensate for parallax as you
focus closer?
Does the focus point also move to keep the same relationship to the
frame line or is it fixed in the middle of the frame at infinity?

David Charlwood
March 15th, 2011 at 1:46 pm
Both the projected frame line and focus point move to correct parallax
distortion in the optical viewfinder.

Trust this info is useful to those who might be interested.

Had hoped to get my hands on one locally in the next few days but with
production interrupted in Japan it may be a while.

Howard