Subject: [Leica] Leica M8 + Visoflex question
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 15:27:17 -0500

On Mar 16, 2011, at 2:05 PM, Phil Forrest wrote:

> So Chris, you're pretty serious about getting into hardcore masochism I
> see.

I don't experience use of the Visoflex with various lenses from macro (even
micro) to extreme telephoto at all masochistic.
For me using this gear has a contemplative quality to it.
I do not choose the visoflex for work where I need extremely fast response
times.
The gear requires an anticipatory frame of mind.
The resulting digital files certainly make the effort worthwhile.

Obviously the R8/DMR with macro and long lenses offers a quicker response
time; and far better active metering.
And the 5D with Canon lenses offers even more automation when necessary.

Yet the Visoflex continues to satisfy the quiet, light, contemplative
craftsman in me.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com