Subject: [Leica] keep those leicas dry
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 08:19:22 +0800

I got home from a photo lunch yesterday afternoon to an email from my
son in Tokyo with the title "I'm alive".
Checked the NY Times on line and saw the developing story about the
earthquake. Tried to call but the mobile phone network
was gone. Finally connected with skype. The office of my son's
internet bank in Central Tokyo had furniture and computers thrown
around but everyone was fine.
The staff went out and bought beer, saki and snacks to celebrate.
Believe it or not a customer repaid his loan on line after the quake.
Everyone had to walk home - 8 km in my son's case. His wife and her
family are safe but no details yet about damage to their properties.
Howard (in Hong Kong where the tremors are usually very small)

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] keep those leicas dry)