Subject: [Leica] IMG: Threshing Wheat
From: billcpearce at cox.net (bill pearce)
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:40:33 -0600

 but it is Agfachrome of some kind.

Quite interesting, at least on this crappy laptop screen.

It is interesting that it is Agfa from the seventies. I used to shoot a lot
of Agfachrome because it gave a wonderful warm color perfect for shots just
as yours. I don't know when they began to make film that was compatible with
Kodak chemistry, but I believe it was in the late eighties. For quite some
time Agfachrome used a proprietary process, and came with mailers in the US.

The quick story of Agfachrome: Their original process for their chrome film
that had dye included was a spoil of war. The US got ahold of the science at
the close of WWII, and gave it to Kodak, and Agfa was prohibited from using
it. This marked the beginning of Ektachrome, so jet airplanes and directions
to Paris weren't the only thing we got from the Germans. Many years later,
Agfa asw the light and make E6 and C41 compatible film, a few of which I
miss greatly.

bill Pearce