Subject: [Leica] OT Pana GF1
From: rcmphoto at yahoo.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 11:41:39 -0800 (PST)

--- On Mon, 3/7/11, Jim Nichols <jhnichols at lighttube.net> wrote:

> Black tape??

Won't work; you need that dial.

If you set the headsup display, you'll see the over/under at the bottom
center of the viewfinder, and the indicator's clear.  If there's a single
bar, you're on 0; if there are multiple bars you're either over or under.
It's easy enough to see.

Also, if the over/under scale at the bottom is yellow, the dial is
controlling over/under.  If the aperture or shutter speed is yellow, it's
controlling that setting. It's simply a toggle.

I work on aperture priority most of the time, so I'm almost always tweaking
with the o/u setting, and it hasn't been a problem.  Just a matter of
getting used to it.

R. Clayton McKee
PhotoJournalist
from somewhere just south of somewhere else...