Subject: [Leica] M8 & 8.2 opinions
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 21:37:43 +1030

All Leica M cameras are sieves.  None of them have anything
approaching weather sealing.  I've had water get into a film M that
formed a sufficient contact layer between the film and pressure plate
that it seized up, and I am careful with my M8 around water, although
I have put it into an Ewa marine bag and taken it under water.  Dust
is worse, and I needed to get all the Ms I took with me serviced after
being in Namibia for a couple of weeks.  Design wise it's their chief
weakness; otherwise they're about as tough as any camera.

Marty

>>> http://www.greatpix.eu