Subject: [Leica] Borders / now sales tax
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 14:56:15 -0600

> [mailto:lug-bounces+jshul=comcast.net at leica-users.org] On Behalf Of J.
> Newell
> Amazon: no sales tax
> Borders: I pay sales tax

I guess that makes sense in some way.  Here in the Village of Natchitoches,
we are not large enough for a Borders. We have a book department at Walmart,
and until Saturday The Book Merchant. No More

The Book Merchant was a fixture on our main tourist street. It was a place
you could thumb through bestsellers, interesting magazines, sit on a sofa
and pet a cat, meet a real author or poet, well, it was a real bookstore.

Try that at Amazon.

Oh, by the way John, the sales taxes?  They went to help pay for the
streets, and schools and our public library and the firemen and other stuff.

I'd rather pay the taxes and have my bookstore.

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/