Subject: [Leica] unboxing
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 22:31:02 -0800

Ric Carter offered:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6s0hynipAQ

WOW! Wasn't that just the sweetest movie you've ever seen in yer whole
life?? I mean if they gave an OSCAR for unwrapping they'd have got the
Golden Oscar for sure! I'm still drying my eyes and wiping the keyboard I
was so emotional I just couldn't stop the tears pouring all over the place.
:-(

My poor heart was thumping like a jack hammer in heat with excitement. Damn
near peed my pants when he finally unveiled the most beautiful photographic
instrument I've ever seen in my whole life! Oh gosh gee whiz I'm drooling
all over the place! I think it's drool? ;-)

Actually it's quite simply a complete pile of crap cheap ass advertising! I
know that's mean and I shouldn't get all riled up. But gee whiz and golly
gosh all mighty, ya gotta admit it must have cost a fortune for the
unveiling and cost of boxes for each camera. Hell a real nice old fashion
chamois bag would've been much cheaper and lowered the cost of the camera
and they'd have sold more cameras than ever! And the chamois cloth could
have been kept as a polishing rag! Just have to think practical!

All that special wrapping, book, booklets and whatever other bits and pieces
of paper work along with the gold plated box is all sucker material that
could be eliminated and brought the price down. Oh and the Green
environmental folks must just be having the worst nightmares about pollution
from all that stuff! Just get them started on their twitter things and
they'd make Cairo look like a Sunday School picnic!

OK back to the meds and a large single malt and calm down before bed! :-)
Hey remember I don't take any of this seriously you know! ;-)

Maybe I'll have an extra strong coffee in the morning to help get through
the leftover nightmares of this BS pile of crap!

Hey and before anyone get's on my case!  I am not talking about the most
magnificent camera a person can use! It's the boxes and bull sh ""t nonsense
of crap marketing!

sleep tight!
g'night,
Dr. ted :-)