Subject: [Leica] Ancient TV relic
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 17:29:44 -0500

2011-02-14-16:36:05 Lawrence Zeitlin:
> The change to digital over-the-air broadcasting was the kiss of death for
> this relic from the past.  I just haven't had the time or energy to take it
> down.

Yeah, as LZ said, the UHF-optimized part of the array (which is what I
assume that whole small-scale front part is) should work a treat for
over-the-air HDTV.

Oh, and nice photo, too.  Somehow conjures up '50s/'60s Cold War
military technology pictures, maybe partly because of the colors.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Ancient TV relic)