Subject: [Leica] Insurance. . .
From: fkh1950 at frontiernet.net (Fred Holzapfel)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:31:29 -0600

Hello Peter.

I'm no expert on Insurance in the UK.   In the USA we have a home owners
policy.  It covers the home, contents and

occasionally needs a listing of special items, such as cameras.   Those
items are listed by serial numbers and their

special values.  The insurance is a replacement value policy.   I've sent
cameras to DAG for repair via USPO and UPS.  Checked

with my agent both times and he indicated I was covered in the event of a
loss as long as I had documented

shipping.  Both USP and USPO provided documentation that would have been
sufficient.   Perhaps you should check in with

your personal property insurance agent.  They may have you already covered.

Best of luck.   DAG does excellent work.

Fred Holzapfel

Minnesota

Peter wrote:

Don Goldberg suggests I send my camera to him insured for just $100,

and he return it to me by EMS, also insured for $100.  He never had a

problem before, he said, with that, and it is what he says most

customers choose.  However, it worries me!

Does anyone have any advice to get my M7 insured independently of the

Post Office to cover it for a couple of months or so while it is out

of my hands?