Subject: [Leica] Camera insurance problem
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:29:50 -0600

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Montie Talbert <montoid at
earthlink.net>wrote:

> I'm baffled...is $100.00 all you would want in case of
> loss or damage of your M7 in transit?

The point is that insured articles get a different sort of attention from
the post office than non-insured, and thus it really doesn't matter how much
you insure it for if it is securely packed.  I've never had a loss of a
parcel with insured USPS or insured Fed EX.

UPS is another matter.  Don't even get me started.

Safest of all is registered mail, where the article goes from place to place
in a padlocked bag, and each agent along the way signs for it.  You will
have to completely tape every inch (cm) of the parcel.

Don might have to go to the post office to get it, however, and might not
want to play at that level.

--
Regards,

Sonny