Subject: [Leica] More new Fuji X100 info
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 23:14:39 -0500

I agree that four  years is a shorter time when more money is involved. And
some very high ticket items are not for buying but renting.
I somehow feel like this D700 I just got now a few months ago is going to
last me for quite a duration. The results I'm getting from it is from a
better and bigger sensor than the D200 I used for 4.5 years. (My D100 lasted
2.7 years.)
The shots I'm getting now from my third digital camera in 7.6 years are
knocking my socks off and I don't think the results are going to be broke
for quite some time. Some in some way I'm feeling a plateau effect. No I'm
not looking for more megapixels. I think the cameras made now have come into
their own. The M9 is a real camera to contend with. The M8 was not just like
the D100 was not.
I'm thinking twice the time it will last me as the results are twice as good
and it cost me twice as much. (took my three times as long to swing the
money to finally get this camera, the D700 full frame)
I'll never go back to shooting cropped format again unless its on a camera
which fits on my cufflink or tie clip. Maybe Belt buckle.
I think in 2020 the DSLR's will be shooting twirling holograms. And it might
be hard to relate with.
But I hope to see a:
1. medium format rangefinder. A digital Fuji 6x7.
2. A really compact full frame camera; a digital Rollei 35.
3, affordable digital backs for both my Hasselblad system:
4. and my Cambo 4x5.
I think we keep forgetting that we are still pretty much at day one here on
the digital thing. Though in some respects a few things have leveled out in
others I don't think they know what they've gotten themselves into yet. The
camera companies.
Though problems might arise from the phone camera picture taking they'll
come out any minute with eye glass and wrist watch cameras... Which will say
Leica or nikon on them. Not Nokia. Not Prada.
I do think people will be doing more videoing. Less stills. And be in the
mood to see less stills. More video.  Pictures which move. Like at Hogwarts.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb