Subject: [Leica] Fix for Smugmug
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:43:58 +0000

Some of you may recall that I have had a lot of problems with several on-line
galleries including Smugmug, which refused to go away.This meant that I
couldn't
see images put up by anyone using Smugmug under Firefox...they just hung
trying
to load

I believe that I have finally found the (a?) solution courtesy of Google maps
and US rental site VRBO.com.

I offer this as it is without any liability...there is a warning on one of
the
google pages which begins "Here be dragons"...Proceed at your own risk!!!!

IF YOUR BROWSER DOESN'T OFFER THESE OPTION WHEN YOU GET TO THE "image" PAGE
DO
***NOT *** GO ANY FURTHER

[ NOTE: Toggling in this case is done by right-clicking and selecting from
the
menu ]

----------------------
Issues while using Firefox or other browsers

Reconfiguring the way your browser handles JavaScript may resolve this
problem.

If you are running Mozilla Firefox 0.8+ or Netscape 7.1+ on Windows or Mac
OS X,
follow these steps:

   1. Type "about:config" (without quotes) in the browser's address bar.
   2. Type "image" (without quotes) in the Filter field.
   3. Look for the field "dom.disable_image_src_set" and verify that the
value
is set to FALSE.
   4. Look for the field "network.image.imageBehavior" is set to 0 (the
default
setting). In some browsers, this setting may be named
"permissions.default.image".

If you continue to experience difficulties, you may want to uninstall any
programs or extensions that change the way your browser handles JavaScript.
Other users have reported that these programs may affect the ability to view
the
maps.

If you're encountering a problem where the map fails to load and the status
is
stuck on " loading...," there may be an issue with your Skype extension. To
test, try this link:

http://www.google.com/mapfiles/skype_bug.html

If the link provided above doesn't provide an answer, either disable this
extension or update your Skype extension to the latest version. To learn
more,
check out:

http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=182811

The original link that lead me here is: