Subject: [Leica] Painted Stork
From: jayanand at (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 07:39:20 +0530

Thanks for looking.

Ken, the D700 is an amazing camera for high ISO shooting - I just put it
into Auto ISO 6400 and forget about it. I just wish I had bought it earlier.

George, Clayton has it right, the teleconverter multiplier is included in
the EXIF data. The 'Fly By 2' is with a Kenko TC 2x, the rest with a Nikon
TC 1.7x. The Kenko works well with the 180mm prime, but not with the 70-200
zoom - the image degradation is very visible. I have to get the new Nikon TC
2x, which has an ASPH element and supposed to be pretty good. I just cannot
manage to handhold the 200-400 for any appreciable length of time - too

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 6:32 AM, R. Clayton McKee <rcmphoto at>

> --- On Mon, 2/7/11, George Lottermoser <imagist3 at> wrote:
> > On Feb 7, 2011, at 9:13 AM, Jayanand Govindaraj wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks. All hand held - Nikon D700 + 70-200 f2.8 +
> > 1.7TC.
> > strange that the exif data on your gallery images shows
> > focal lengths beyond 200 mm ?
> >
> If the Nikon teleconverters work the same way the Canons do, they'll talk
> with the camera, and the EXIF focal length includes the multiplier.
> R. Clayton McKee
> PhotoJournalist
> from somewhere just south of somewhere else...

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Painted Stork)
Message from rcmphoto at (R. Clayton McKee) ([Leica] Painted Stork)