Subject: [Leica] IMG: A Closer Look at Table Salt
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 12:56:16 -0600

My friend, Charles Geilfuss, of the Olympus List, has supplied me with
laboratory images of table salt.  I will use this series to close out my
cold, rainy day "salt project".  My sincere thanks to Charlie for providing
views that cannot be achieved with ordinary cameras and accessories.

View 1: I had to ask about the crystal with the X.  This is a view of a
crystal with one corner directed toward the lens, supported by additional
crystals below it.  This gives the appearance of a pyramid.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Photomicrograph+of+Table+Salt+2.jpg.html

View 2: A closer look at the crystals.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Photomicrograph+of+Table+Salt+3.jpg.html

View 3: An isolated view of the crystal mentioned above.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Photomicrograph+of+Table+Salt+4.jpg.html

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA