Subject: [Leica] Tailgating
From: leowesson at gmail.com (leo wesson)
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 10:22:49 -0600

Jayanand,

Tailgating is fixing a meal, having a party in a parking lot before a
sporting event, usually American football.  People tend to get fancy
and that event was a cooking competition with 6 teams from around the
country.  It's a high dollar hobby for these folks...they pack up
their grills and smokers and RV's and follow their football teams
around the country to party in the parking lot before a game.  Some
folks just go nuts about the American football.  The cheapest ticket
to the SuperBowl now is $2-3000, I have seen them as high as $250,000.
 Parking spots are going for as much as $1000.

We are having some winter weather down here.  It's kind of irritating,
the streets aren't being sanded or cleared very well because of the
contracts with the NFL which guarantee that the "official venues"
shall have clear access and guaranteed power.  So us normal folks are
enduring slippery streets and rolling blackouts so that the NFL
activities can continue as planned.

Leo Wesson
Photographer/Videographer
817.733.9157