Subject: [Leica] Flickr accidentally nukes user's 4,000 photos
From: charcot at comcast.net (Charcot)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 18:11:38 -0700

I've been following the wipe outs by Flickr - a source for one side of the
story is Thomas Hawks blog - there have been more than just a couple of
folks who have had their content wiped out without warning, discussion, etc.
 Many are pro users who pay for the service.  Once wiped out the content is
gone - even in the rare case where Flickr admits it made a mistake.

I finally closed out my account at Flickr even though I have several more
months on my contract.  I've had it with corporations that do bad things.  I
have emplored all folks that have had or are scared that their years of work
could be wiped to walk away from  Flickr - Thomas Hawk constantly writes
about his distaste for Flickr but until you walk they are never going to
change.

ernie

my $0.02