Subject: [Leica] IMG: Some recent exteriors I like.
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 20:13:18 -0500

In case you're interested (or in case it makes it impossible for you
to care to look) these two were both made with possibly-exotic-seeming
glass on micro-4/3s bodies.

---------------------

I really like the colors in this one, especially the way a couple of
the paints on the concrete pop.  No fiddling with the digital
saturation control, just the natural magic of damp concrete and
diffuse light from an overcast sky.

http://photos.bazbarfoo.com/Stuff-Outside/The-light-was-good-that-day/7359807_yD7nv#1169755261_U9j4G-A-LB

  Voigtl?nder/Cosina 25mm f/0.95 Nokton, stopped down to probably f/2.8
  or 4, on a GH2 body, ISO 800.

---------------------

This one reminds me somehow of aspects of paintings I've seen and
liked.  No stupid "artistic" computer effects were used, although this
wasn't an exercise in by-the-book technical perfection either; the
kind of flarey quality the highlights have (which I'm digging) must be
related to shooting through a window and a screen.

http://photos.bazbarfoo.com/Stuff-Outside/Through-the-Window/15611754_cVkuc#1169771909_cdvAw-A-LB

  180mm Apo-Elmarit-R (wide open) on GF1.

C&C encouraged, as always.  Hope you like these, too.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] IMG: Some recent exteriors I like.)