Subject: [Leica] Euro photo tours: suggestions
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 23:44:15 +1030

Europe is safe.    Almost everyone who goes there and gets scammed or
robbed has done something that they would not have done if they had
thought about it.  Americans make excellent targets for themselves by
failing to take basic personal security measures.  Get a guidebook,
read a little.  It's not like going to Afghanistan or Democratic
Republic of Congo where unpredictable bad things happen.  Stan's
daughter just needs to keep her head down, be sensible and she will be
fine.

She is vastly less likely to have something bad along those lines
happen to you in Prague than in comparably sized cities further east.
I have been there several times since 1995 and the changes are
incredible.  I felt 100% safe there the last time we went and joining
the Eu means that all the banks change currency at fixed rates.  You
can also Western union yourself cash before you go.

Marty