Subject: [Leica] M7 repair advice sought
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 06:22:07 +0000 (GMT)

Leica Japan quoted me over 100,000 yen to repair my M7.  Wow. They said the
LED is inaccurate (I never found that to be so, but things happen), and the
shutter speeds are wrong.  That is why I sent it in to them, I wish they
told me their diagnosis of why the shutter speeds are wrong.

Basically it was working fine a week before I noticed the problem.  2
perfectly exposed rolls of Velvia showed there was no problem.  Then a week
later I picked up the M7, dry fired it, and noticed the speeds were off.
Two weeks after the camera store's 6 month warranty expired.  I only bought
this camera in June 2010, and really don't want to pay such a big repair
bill on it already.

Now I have this hefty repair quote.  I'm thinking maybe it would be cheaper
to send to Sherry Krauter, or DAG.  Any ideas?

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from microsat at eircom.net (microsat at eircom.net) ([Leica] M7 repair advice sought)
Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] M7 repair advice sought)
Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] M7 repair advice sought)