Subject: [Leica] IMG: Holly in Winter
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:29:46 -0500

> There are not many willing subjects in our yard this Winter.  The Hollies
> are doing their best to provide cover for the birds and provide some color
> to the Winter landscape.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Holly+in+Winter.jpg.html
>
> Comments and critiques welcomed.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA

Fantastic colour, but for me the sun/shade combination is breaking up the
tonal patterns and it is therefore becoming "eye confusing". Bruce
Barnbaum explained this to me, and it certainly rings true in shots I've
made in the bush. Shade works better, and now with digital the colour
palette remains true.

Cheers

Alastair

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Holly in Winter)