Subject: [Leica] Re. Travels
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:26:30 -0800

Jayanand:  Wow, what gorgeous sites!  I don't have time to comment as
much as I should, and I wanted to make sure I thanked you for the
wonderful glimpses you give us into your country and its history.  The
history surrounding these temples reminded me of the recent destruction
of the Bamiyan Bhuddas by the Taliban--same "stuff," different day.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/science/archaeology/2001-03-22-afghan-buddhas.htm

What's also interesting is how once I saw the third (color) picture, I
wanted to see the color of the first, despite its wonderful textures and
patterns, which work so well in B&W.  It may be different for you, since
you see these kinds of colors all the time, and most of the rest of us
don't.

And your GF-1 seems to love the light of India--I though these shots
were taken with your Nikon until I looked at the EXIF.  :-)

--Peter

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Re. Travels)