Subject: [Leica] IMGs: Too much? or Not enough?
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 20:51:50 -0500

> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=4755>
>
> c&c always welcome
>
> Regards,
> George Lottermoser

For me the "effect" shot is snappier, it looks a bit overprocessed, but
the effect is in keeping with the subject. The softer image is less in
keeping with the textured surfaces of rock and snow, but does look more
"realistic". Given that the photographer 'saw' the textured image and
wanted to display that in his creation, I have no issue with the snappier
processing. I've used unsharp masks in the darkroom FTTT.

These techniques are now so easy to use that they are being overused. It
will "settle" down.

Cheers

Alastair

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMGs: Too much? or Not enough?)