Subject: [Leica] Dave's PAW (*) 2011 #2 (to Philippe)
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 21:53:55 +0100

Le 21 janv. 11 ? 01:13, David Keenan a ?crit :

>> Just what it takes of fuzziness and lovely grain once more
>> Great start of the year
>> Bien cordialement de Metz
>
> Philippe --
>
> Thanks for kind comment once again. I must say I'm wondering if it's
> time to try something else for awhile. Something in color? Something
> other than street photography? But I always ask, what?
> .

I don't know for myself either :-)
In fact, I am attracted by all of the above, plus architecture,
fuzzillogics, macro photography, etc :-)

Yet, I've just perused your PAWs and since you started, I notice that
you have worked by periods, as it is said of painters. 2008 brought
abstracts, colours and slants ;-), 2009 was BW exclusively, with lots
of people, some posing I think.

The trend I see is that you are progressively developing your very own
so personal style, and I think I could spot your work out of a
thousand; you have an eye, a style, and the technique that goes with
them. Really good on you!
I wish I could achieve that some day ...
Your question is about new grounds, I think you'll find them by
yourself. The worst would be to just stop evolving and falling into
endless repeats.
I'm sure you will avoid these traps.
Just trust you feelings (coloured or BWed) for views and/or decisive
moments :-)

Oh yes, nearly forgot, a major tend in your work is to make people
look more and more like people ..., I mean, even their localisation/
nationality/culture become blurred into a kind of timeless universal,
and I find it the most striking feature of your positive evolution.

But who am I to ... ;-)

Bien amicalement
Philippe