Subject: [Leica] Apple 27" LED Display Questions
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 03:21:12 -0500

Funny you say that, because I was at a best buy store a few days ago and
they had a 27inch iMac with the glossy LED screen on display and I went to
my website on it to see how the pics rendered on it and they looked VERY
close to what my calibrated NEC showed. Apple must have them preset from the
factory to the right brightness!

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography

Become a fan on Facebook

On 1/21/11 2:59 AM, "philippe.amard" <philippe.amard at sfr.fr> wrote:

> Chris,
> I find none of yours to be too bright,
> http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com/portfolios/fineart-portraiture/index.php
> and I'm viewing them on a glossy 24 I-Mac at factory settings - their
> mood looks on the darker side, but the skins are perfectly rendered.
> All excellent work Chris.
>
> I had a 17' Philips before that and another Taiwanese wider 21 on a PC
> - the Philips was better, but both were much too contrasty hence
> blocked blacks and grilled highlights. My take is more on contrast and
> adjusting luminosity when trying to "deblock" the blacks than anything
> else.
>
> Best
> Philippe
>
> Le 21 janv. 11 ? 08:40, Chris Crawford a ?crit :
>

>> Yeah, all true. And they complain when they see our photos because
>> they say
>> ours are too bright, because their screens are!
>>

>> --
>> Chris Crawford
>> Fine Art Photography
>> Fort Wayne, Indiana
>> 260-486-2581
>>
>> http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com  My portfolio
>>
>> http://blog.chriscrawfordphoto.com  My latest work!
>>
>> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Christopher-Crawford/48229272798
>> Become a fan on Facebook
>>

>> On 1/21/11 2:32 AM, "Jayanand Govindaraj" <jayanand at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Factory defaults are always set up for watching movies or playing
>>> games. We
>>> need a much more subdued viewing screen for our tweaking of
>>> photographs. It
>>> keeps happening here - if you tell someone that his online postings
>>> look
>>> flat, back comes the reply that it looks fine on his screen. Of
>>> course it
>>> will, but on a dimmer, calibrated screen they look awful - and none
>>> of them
>>> print anyway, so never are going to accept the truth! BTW, I use a
>>> Dell
>>> 2209WA which is an excellent 22" IPS screen available at a very
>>> reasonable
>>> price.
>>> Cheers