Subject: [Leica] When do special Fx work?
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 13:07:48 -0800 (PST)

I think?that the use of any tools that?enhance a photographer's ability to
produce what they?visualized and want to convey with a photo is fair game as
long as any?significant departures from reality (e.g., photoshopping in an
extra
missle or two) are clearly disclosed.

As for?HDR, it has a place in my toolkit. This photo from last week is a
blending of 7 exposures. I could not have captured the shadow detail
in?forground and also show snow detail on the far, right mountain without
it.
It's actually what my eye saw and what I wanted to produce (it still would
need
a bit more work if I decide to print):

http://www.rgaphoto.com/2011-01-Yosemite/content/RGA_Photo__001075_HDR_MASTER_large.html

I like?Tina's photo very much. It holds my interest extremely well (I'm
drawn
into the frame and it?doesn't let me go!). I didn't notice
the?"manipulation"
other's did because the photo itself was so engaging. The added detail from
the
PS action only held my interest more.

Tools?are a personal choice. I only assume that an artist like Tina (and
other's) here use them for a purpose. Sort of feels like the old arguement
that
cropping is sacrelidge...

YMMV,
Bob