Subject: [Leica] Yearbook - Why did you choose those photos?
From: daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:12:36 +0100

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Peter Dzwig <pdzwig at summaventures.com>
wrote:

> What do you do - and why do you choose what you choose? Are the ones in
> the YB
> necessarily your personal favourites from the year?

I went with the last one I could remember that was any good (with a
Leica). I could only remember one. So I only sent in one, at first.

Then I got to playing with the GF1 and took a similar image with it. I
figured the comparison might interesting. I took it after I had sent
in the first and Jim graciously stuck it right in with the other one.
I sure hope it didn't cause him a headache. The Blurb software used to
be a little clumsy when it came to inserts.

I usually stick with Leica shots. I don't know why. I enjoy anything
in the yearbook no matter what camera is used. I like seeing
everyone's names more than I like checking out the equipment. But I
use Leicas a lot so I usually can find something. My digital stuff are
just snaps. I really like seeing what others can do with it, but I
can't. I've never been happy with my color images, film or digital, so
it has less to do with the equipment than it has to do with the kind
of image (color) that digital produces. That's why I got to playing
with the GF1. Maybe I could combine them both, digital and mucky gray.

Daniel