Subject: [Leica] Photo Group Blurb
From: donlaw at mac.com (Don Lawrence)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 22:14:20 +0000 (UTC)

Jayanand,
Great observation. You absolutely right, few people photos. It maybe that
the nature of the people involved (architects, designers) tended to choose
graphically stimulating subjects.
I was a contibuting editor to this book and very few people photos made the
edit.
However, most of the photos I take are of people.
I do a personal PAW project every year where I take one picture each week of
each of my family members. So lots of photos of people, but mostly not of
strangers.
Regards
Don

From: Jayanand Govindaraj jayanand at gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Leica] Photo Group Blurb

Don,
I just went through the preview, and one thing struck me almost immediately
- the vast majority of photographs are of inanimate objects - no human
presence at all. It leaves me feeling that the book is very impersonal and
cold; it seems to lack an emotional centre. Why are most photographers so
chary of photographing other human beings?
Cheers
Jayanand