Subject: [Leica] vc 15
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:42:27 -0600

I cannot speak to the M9, but I have had both versions on the M8.

Vignetting was not too bad, of course, but cyan corners is an issue.  That
is pretty easy to deal with.

The M version is far superior in build quality.  It may have the same
formula, but it focuses, and while that may not seem to be an issue, it can
be.

The ltm version might let you forget to check the focus, because it is not
coupled, and mine was kind of loosey goosey, it would sometimes drift to the
one meter spot on the dial, making low light shots soft.

Further, the M can take a threaded filter.  For the small additional price,
it just is a more satisfying lens.

http://www.sonc.com/outside.htm