Subject: [Leica] One thing after another
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:17:53 -0600

On 1/10/2011 9:43 AM, Bill Clough wrote:
> USA
> TEXAS
> VICTORIA
>
> Hi there--
>
>     Update on the panhandle Book.
>
>     On Saturday my E drive died a painful death.
>
>     On it is everything I have scanned since I joined the Leica Users
> Group.
>
>     So, I have to start over. The book will be delayed...again...or still.
>
> --Bill

Bill,

I have had clients lose data due to a hard drive crash, and still
recover it.  I recall a recent case where it was a laptop, and the
charge was about $1,200 but all was recovered.  I am by no means a
computer expert but I seem to recall that it is important not to try to
use the disk.  Best of luck, would like to see the book sooner than later.

Ken

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] One thing after another)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] One thing after another)