Subject: [Leica] new member
From: pburphoto at gmail.com (Paolo Burlando)
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 13:00:45 +0100

Thank you everybody for the warm welcome and for appreciating my pictures. I
hope I will be able to post more, time permitting. I also saw, before I
subscribed, many good pictures from all of you, it's a prolific and
interesting community.

Let me use this "collective" reply to answer/comment some of your messages

@ Ric
I know, the watermarks are disturbing, sorry for that. It's a deterrent
against stealing images. I tried to mimic what big agencies do (e.g. Magnum,
VII, ...) without pretending my work is at their level, of course. I can
probably make it a bit more transparent, but it's so easy to take a picture
with capture screen, that so far I prefer to take the risk of getting
comments like yours.

@Dr. Ted
Thank you for explaining the philosophy of the list. I will never take any
comment as personal, but as a constructive criticism. It's all about
liking/disliking. Can we say that Caravaggio was better than Monet or
Picasso? I can't. Constructive criticism is the essence for growing as a
photographer, as you write.

@Jim
I will be delighted to contribute to the LUG book. How does it work?

@Charlie
I am in engineering (I hold the Chair of Hydrology and Water Resources
Management at ETH Zurich). Any time I travel I take the camera with me. But,
if you look at the dates, the pictures on the web were taken over about 10
years. I wish I could travel more. Many pictures were taken during holidays
with my family. Those from USA are the result of my sabbatical last year and
a subsequent holiday across the US with the family.

Looking foward to more interaction, again thank you for the warm welcome.

Paolo

_________
Paolo Burlando
CH-8127 Forch