Subject: [Leica] what are the most important aspects of a photographic image?
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 08:35:44 +0530

Ted,Alan,
I am in your group too regarding AA. I purchased four of his prints
(printed by Alan Ross) to see if I was missing something, and then
decided I was probably finding him technical and cold mainly because I
had seen too many imitators. They must have had an entirely different
impact when they first came out. But then I cannot see what drives
people to like William Eggleston or Diane Arbus either, to name a
couple of acclaimed photographers. The former seems to revel in taking
meaningless snapshots, while the latter is so exploitative that it
revolts me!
Cheers
Jayanand