Subject: [Leica] What are the most important aspects of a photographic image?
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 22:21:52 -0800

Reasonably, to make a fair comparison you should then restrict the
photos to those taken in the last 40 or even less years. Whenever
publications had the capability to publish colour photos as readily
as B&W.

Before that, some of those iconic images that we know of might have
been taken in colour if colour film and processing had been available
for the same price as B&W, and if they could have been published for
the same cost.