Subject: [Leica] Barry Thornton
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 00:45:45 -0800

I have a copy of his Edge of Transition book. It was printed though. I don't
remember whether he sent me the hardcopy or I have the printer printed it
out from his file. I'm pretty sure it's not HTML because it has all the
formatting etc.

I communicated with him briefly after I purchased the book and just
considering ordering his XActol etc. when I heard the sad news.

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Mark Pope <mark at whitedogs.co.uk> wrote:

> I met Barry a couple of times at exhibitions.  As far as the circumstances
> of his death, if I remember correctly, he passed away in a hotel room - he
> used to travel around quite a lot doing his fine printing workshops.  It
> was
> terribly sad.
>
> I have a signed copy of his first book Elements as well as a copy of Edge
> of Darkness.  Try to get hold of a copy of Elements if you can.  If you
> were
> inspired by Edge of Darkness, then you'll be blown away by Elements.
>
> There is also an 'ebook' (actually in HTML format) called Edge of
> Transition, which covers making digital fine prints.
>

> --
// richard <http://www.imagecraft.com/>
replies in your msgs. ]

Replies: Reply from mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope) ([Leica] Barry Thornton)