Subject: [Leica] the beautiful faces....poppy
From: mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope)
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 07:59:37 +0000

Simply wonderful.

For me, it is definitely the most powerful of the set so far.  I felt
quite a powerful emotional rush when I saw this.  It reminded of when we
used visit Pearl, my mother in law.   We would often see her or other
people in the care home in a similar pose.  Not asleep, but withdrawn
into their own world.  Somewhere that for them is safe and familiar. I
think the shallow DOF and bokeh in the shot emphasise this feeling.

When we visited, we never knew whether she would recognise us if she
came back.

One can't help but wonder who this gentleman was and what he did.  He
could have been a Nobel prize-winning physicist, teacher, doctor or
construction worker.

Thanks you again for pursuing this project and portraying what for me is
a terrifying illness with care and skill.

Mark Pope,
Swindon, Wilts
UK

Homepage               http://www.monomagic.co.uk